Sustainable development is the only way to assure a better future. Our generation has the responsibility to awaken consciousness towards ecology and respect our natural resources. Contributing to making this apartment as eco as possible is really important to us, so you will find:
- Electricity: The apartment is powered by 100% renewable energy (Holaluz company). All lights have been replaced by LED lightbulbs. Also household appliances are A++ or A+++. Aircon will shut down if windows are opened.
- Gas: It is still a non-renewable energy, so it is still one of my goals for the future. However the boiler has been replaced by a new one which is much more efficient. In the future, we hope to install solar panels on the rooftop of the building. Currently we are waiting for community approval. The solar panels will replace the actual gas installation providing hot water.
- Noise: It is crucial to respect the neighbours. Lodging in an apartment building affords you a unique experience to live like a local in Barcelona. Please be aware that your neighbors are not on holiday. For this reason we have installed a decibel sensor system that warns us when too much noise is produced inside the apartment. Parties are strictly forbidden.
- Recycling: Waste is separated into 5 different waste classifications ordered by the city council of Barcelona . The containers are located just outside the apartment on the street. When we refurbish the apartment, any old furniture still in good condition is given to an NGO (Cáritas).
- Mobility: We recommend walking the city, with everything easily reachable on foot. You can also rent a bike (we can recommend a neighborhood bike rental) or take public transport. (2 metro stations within 5 min walking distance).
- Signs and boarding: There is information inside the apartment explaining how to best use the energy.
- Amenities: We provide complementary wine, fruits, shampoo and soap, all of which are eco friendly.
- Paper: Kitchen paper and toilet paper are eco and biodegradable.
- Laundry service: We use an NGO called Fundació Roure that employs Barcelona citizens at risk of socio-economic exclusion.
- Decoration: We promote the art of local artists by using the apartments walls to exhibit and sell their art, you can contact us if you are interested in any of the artwork.
- Certification: At the present time we are implementing the good practices recommended by the Biosphere Responsible Tourism, and our goal is to obtain their certificate of recognition.